Easy week night dinners are my jam! I love a recipe I could make in my sleep but that still tastes like I slaved over it. Pesto Pasta is a staple in my house. I make it every couple weeks and especially if I am only cooking for myself while my husband is out of town. It’s good for a crowd, and also good as leftovers. To me this recipe checks all the boxes. You can add meat or shrimp to it if you wanted more protein. I personally love to add veggies to it, which you can see in this photo I added cherry tomatoes and mushrooms, but I have also added zucchini and squash before too.
- Pesto (I personally like to mix a regular more chunky pesto and a creamy one)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic (2 cloves minced)
- Pasta (whatever kind you like)
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Veggies (optional)
- Start to boil water for the pasta. Cooke according to the directions on the box.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat and then add the minced garlic. Let that brown a little. If adding any veggies add them here and cook them until softened.
- Lower the heat and add in one tablespoon of each kind of pesto to the oil and garlic. Eyeball how much pesto you need for how much pasta you are cooking. If it is too little amount you can always add more later.
- Don’t over heat your pesto! You are not cooking it, just warming it up.
- Add in a few cracks of black pepper.
- Once the pasta is cooked and a spoonful of the pasta water to the pesto sauce mixture.
- Drain the pasta.
- Pour the pesto sauce mixture over the pasta and serve.
- Top with cheese (if preferred).
↓ PIN FOR LATER ↓